Tue 12 Sep: Venue Change to TBD
Gangsters and Molls Party, Sat, 26 Aug from 8:00 p.m., C3 Centre
The intermediate class is the warmup for freestyle with some suggestions for moves!
Modern Jive is a social partner dance where the emphasis is on being able to dance with a different people rather than with a fixed partner. The moves taught in intermediate classes are designed to be freestyleable rather than for competitions or performances.
Once you are confident dancing all the beginner moves then you may be interested in moving up to intermediate level where we present more challenging moves to spice up your repertoire. An assessment is compulsory for attendance at these classes.
You can attend any intermediate class on any night of the week, you can skip a week or go more than once a week, it doesn't matter. Advanced dancers use these classes to support new intermediates and to work on their own timing, posture and technique.
- 30 minutes long followed by a 15 minute review.
- Safe learning environment with trained and talented teachers.
- Review session afterwards with the teacher and demo.
Our main requirement for intermediate moves is that they are freestyleable with anyone who has good lead / follow skills.
- We teach 3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- The last move is usually more difficult than the first ones and may include a dip or drop.
- Moves are repeated several times throughout the year.
To ensure your safety and that of other dancers, all attendees must have been assessed as ready for intermediate by a certified teacher.
An intermediate dancer is someone who can dance beginner level moves with good timing, balance and lead and follow technique.
We are here to help! We want you to improve and grow and continue to enjoy your time spent with us, therefore the assessment can be a little bit like a private lesson during freestyle. Feel free to ask a teacher for a dance to get any assistance with your dancing.
The benefits of the assessment are:
- Personal coaching.
- Extra technique and style tips.
- Expert advice.