Fevah Modern Jive is run by Deb and Matt. We've been involved with Modern Jive since 1995 and with have extensive overseas experience especially in the UK where Modern Jive originated in the 1980's.
We've been running Modern Jive classes here in Christchurch since 2005 and turned a small club into one of the most popular and respected in Australasia. We're passionate about making dance accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
"Our passion is sharing the joy and benefits of dancing.
We want you to feel welcome & comfortable and have a great time."
Around 300 people attend our classes each week making us one of the most vibrant dance clubs in New Zealand. As well as classes, we have regular workshops and social events.
Why Fevah Modern Jive?
Here is what people have said about us:
- We focus on community and creating a welcoming environment.
- Our classes and events are run smoothly and with great attention to detail.
- We have well trained teachers and crew who share our passion of growing the dance community.
- We have a comprehensive website packed full of information and interaction.
- We constantly innovate and improve what we do.
- We respect and support other dance styles and events.
Outside the Classes
We're at the forefront of developing and creating ideas for running and teaching classes and social dance events. We have pioneered many aspects of Modern Jive competitions such as introducing new categories and creating the Modern Jive Points Index which is the only internationally recognised Modern Jive points system.
Deb also teaches wedding dance lessons for couples and wedding guests. With many years experience she is in high demand especially during the wedding season.
Deb has taught over 300 wedding couples over the years and has also taught entire wedding groups. We have considerable experience in being able to handle large groups of people and getting them organised and dancing in a short space of time.