Join James for a two hour workshop geared to get the most out of competing. We spend many hours preparing for, travelling to and participating in competitions, why? Because they're FUN and exciting!
Let's make the most of these experiences by focussing on how make the most of your dancing on the day and help you stand out and achieve your best.
Have you ever wondered:
🎵 How to quickly show you have the timing of a song or what to do if you can't find the timing?
🧭 Where the best spot on the competition floor is and what to do if you aren't in it?
🎓 How does the judging criteria apply to the different levels and how can you show that you are meeting them?
🤔 How to remember all your fancy moves and work them into a dance?
If so, then come and learn some tips and tricks that you can use on the competition floor to help you get the most out of each competition dance and some strategies to use leading up to and across the day.
- You do not need to have completed before or even be thinking about competing to join in.
- This workshop will not be like any other dance workshop you have been to, there will be no big flashy moves taught here.
- It is geared more towards gaining an understanding of competitions and the judging criteria.
- Will help you shortcut the learning process by giving you the information up front rather than figuring things out yourself after a few comps.
- It is better to think of this as a dance workshop mixed with a TED talk, there will lot's of practical exercises to help tie this information into your dancing.
- Bring a Pen and Paper to write things down.
James is an experienced top level dancer, DJ and judge based in Christchurch teaching regularly at Fevah's OMJ classes on Wednesdays.
He is highly analytical and loves helping dancers achieve their goals by helping them understand the principles behind the teaching content.