The number of intermediate moves is almost endless but we have a set of standard intermediate moves you'll come across or variations on these standards.
The benefit of a workshop like this is the intensive session for working on favourite and commonly used intermediate moves with two teachers. This is especially useful if you find that the jump from beginners to intermediate is very daunting. Knowing these moves will help ease the transition.
This is one of our Four Foundation Workshops. We recommend all dancers attend these workshops at least once during their time with us. In fact we think the content of each workshop is so important that for a given role (lead or follow) dancers who have already attended one of these workshops can attend the same workshop again for free.
9 foundation intermediate moves covered by 2 instructors to teach both lead and follow roles:
- Crossbow Manhattan, Simon's Comb, Duck Turn
- Basket Hip Catch, Backhander, Sway
- CJs (Shimmy), West Manhattan Ochos, Pretzel
Content is available online after the workshop.
Who Is This For?
This workshop is for:
- Experienced beginners
- New intermediate dancers
- Experienced dancers developing both roles (lead and follow)
- Taxi dancers, trainee teachers
Points to bear in mind:
- We may limit the number of couples but don't worry this workshop is usually held twice a year.
- You do not need a partner to book a place on this workshop as we aim to match up leads and follows.
Most workshops will follow a standard pricing. Occasionally we'll have guest teachers and the length of the workshops may be different, in which case the pricing may differ.
If a Tea Dance is held on the same weekend as a workshop then entry is free in which case we'd really appreciate it if you could contribute a small plate to share at the Tea Dance.