Our dance parties are heaps of fun and a great way to spend an evening. We get between 100 and 150 people turning up during the course of the night.
- Chat and mingle with dancers from our class nights
- Everybody welcome - come on your own, with a partner or with friends
Sometimes there may be a theme and some people get right into it whereas other may just come along in what they'd wear normally on a night out. We begin with a quick ice-breaker class and then it's freestyle for the rest of the evening. Dancers often feel they improve significantly after attending a party or other social event.
7:15pm Doors Open
There's music playing so have a dance before the mixer class.
7:30pm Mixer Class
A fun class to get everyone into the swing of things. It's only half an hour and we often cover some fun moves that we don't normally cover in the weekly beginner classes.
8:00pm Social Dancing
Time to dance! We play a wide variety of music from 80's through to current hits.
Dance with whomever you like using whichever moves you and your partner feel comfortable with. It's all about making it up as you go along so there's no complicated routine to remember. It's heaps of fun, spontaneous and exciting.
9:30pm Light Refreshment
We provide tea (Dilmah Tea) and coffee (Maccona) as well as the best gluten free chocolate brownie and often cake and slice. The C3 Centre is BYO but please take your empties home with you.
Time to head home or continue on with Christchurch's night life. Occasionally we might finish at 1am.
Times are half an hour later during Daylight Saving Time.
- 269 Hills Road, Shirley
- Either enter from Hills Road, the entrance is about 400 metres from the junction with Warrington Street and Shirley Road, or enter by the rear entrance on Crosby Street.
- There are over 100 parking spaces in the car park.
- The entrance to the building is from the car park.