Mon 20 Aug: No Class at Papanui, see you on another night.
Wednesday mainly has a range of modern music including the latest new releases. It has a lively atmosphere with between 90 and 120 people mostly aged 18 - 35 but also popular with experienced older dancers.
- Avonhead School Hall, 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead
The hall has a huge floor and we provide mood lighting making this a really popular night out mid week. We have use of the staff car park and there is plenty of street parking nearby. See below for a map and more info.
We have our own Facebook page for Wednesday dancers.
We start with the basics followed by learning a few moves which you can immediately start to use in your social dancing.
You can start any week at any venue. Included in the evening is a 30 minute review session to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
After the class is a review with the teacher to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Social dancing / freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10pm||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but our culture is to accept invitations to dance and there's no pecking order!
Join us at McDonalds, Riccarton after class for a social catch up. We also have our own Facebook group for OMJ dancers.
- 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead, Christchurch
- The school is located on Avonhead Road just up from Yaldhurst Road.
- There is some parking near the hall within the school as well as plenty of street parking nearby.
- The entrance to the hall is at the front of the building near the road.