Tuesday has a range of music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and so generally we get an older crowd coming along. It has a lively atmosphere with between 60 and 80 people mostly aged 35 - 60.
- C3 Centre, 269 Hills Road, Shirley
Located within the C3 Centre. Parking is convenient with over 100 parking spaces in the venue car park. This is also where we hold our monthly dance parties. See below for a map and more info.
We have access to water but there are no (or very few) cups at the venue. So please bring a named water bottle with you.
We start with the basics followed by learning a few moves which you can immediately start to use in your social dancing.
You can start any week at any venue. Included in the evening is a 30 minute review session to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
After the class is a review with the teacher to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
Freestyle is a great way to meet other people and a great way to stay in shape as you are exercising your whole body not just isolating certain areas.
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10pm||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but there's no pecking order or bias - men ask women, women ask men, leads ask follows and follows ask leads. Check out our...
We have our own Facebook group for dancers who regularly attend Tuesdays:
- 269 Hills Road, Shirley
- Either enter from Hills Road, the entrance is about 400 metres from the junction with Warrington Street and Shirley Road, or enter by the rear entrance on Crosby Street.
- There are over 100 parking spaces in the car park.
- The entrance to the building is from the car park.