Tuesday at the C3 Centre, Shirley
Located within the C3 Centre, this venue has a great feel and is also where we hold our monthly dance parties. There are over 100 parking spaces available (map below).
We have a lively atmosphere with between 50 and 70 people and music variety is the key with something for everyone: classics from the 70's, 80's through to the present day with some extra Jazz, Latin, Blues and Swing.
There is water but no cups at the venue so please bring a named water bottle with you.
Just for Tuesdays
From March 2020 we are having a separate row for couples who do not wish to rotate in the classes. While rotating is the most effective way to learn there are reasons why a couple may wish to stay together such as:
- Known injury
- Anxiety or other issues
- Date night!
If you are not rotating then please ensure you keep conversation to a minimum especially when the teacher is speaking.
The H.I. Initiative
H.I. stands for Human Interaction and the H.I. Initiative is a proactive approach to counteract the decline of social interaction and its associated increase in social anxiety and mental health issues.
We're asking dancers:
- Please do not use your phone in the hall
- If you need to use your phone, then please go to the foyer or somewhere else
be present - talk to other dancers - have a dance!
Tuesday Facebook Group
We have our own Facebook group restricted to dancers who regularly attend on Tuesdays:
- 269 Hills Road, Shirley
- Either enter from Hills Road, the entrance is about 400 metres from the junction with Warrington Street and Shirley Road, or enter by the rear entrance on Crosby Street.
- There are over 100 parking spaces in the car park.
- The entrance to the building is from the car park.