New Price Structure from 1 June 2018
Fri 22 Jun: Venue Change to Papanui High School
Thursday has a wide range of music from 80's through to current chart hits. It has a lively atmosphere with between 70 and 110 people aged 18 - 60.
- C3 Centre, 269 Hills Road, Shirley
Located within the C3 Centre, this is our longest running venue and has always been popular with our dancers. Parking is convenient with over 100 parking spaces in the venue car park. This is also where we hold our monthly dance parties. See below for a map and more info.
We start with the basics followed by learning a few moves which you can immediately start to use in your social dancing.
You can start any week at any venue. Included in the evening is a 30 minute review session to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
After the class is a review with the teacher to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Coaching Session for Experienced Dancers
Get some direct one on one feedback to improve your dancing without booking a whole private lesson. We work as group, play with moves and style, but is more self directed learning with a teacher around to advise.
This is designed to be what YOU want it to be. Come along and get in on the action.
|6:45 - 7:15
Social dancing / freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10:15||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but our culture is to accept invitations to dance and there's no pecking order!
Join us on our Facebook group:
- 269 Hills Road, Shirley
- Either enter from Hills Road, the entrance is about 400 metres from the junction with Warrington Street and Shirley Road, or enter by the rear entrance on Crosby Street.
- There are over 100 parking spaces in the car park.
- The entrance to the building is from the car park.