Monday has a wide range of music from 80's through to current chart hits. It has it's own special appeal being quieter than the other venues with between 30 and 50 people aged 18 - 60.
- Papanui High School, 30 Langdons Road, Papanui
It's north west location makes it a popular class for people outside Christchurch. Parking is convenient with over 50 spaces at the school and plenty of parking nearby. See below for a map and more info.
We start with the basics followed by learning a few moves which you can immediately start to use in your social dancing.
You can start any week at any venue. Included in the evening is a 30 minute review session to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
After the class is a review with the teacher to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
Freestyle is a great way to meet other people and a great way to stay in shape as you are exercising your whole body not just isolating certain areas.
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10pm||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but there's no pecking order or bias - men ask women, women ask men, leads ask follows and follows ask leads. Check out our...
We have our own Facebook group for dancers who regularly attend Mondays:
Papanui High School
- 30 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- The school is behind Northlands shopping centre opposite Warehouse Stationery. Turn into the school from Langdons Road, the hall is on the right hand side.
- There are over 50 parking spaces in the school car park and over 100 spaces opposite the school.
- As you approach the hall, the entrance is on the left.