Monday has a wide range of music from 80's through to current chart hits. It has it's own special appeal being quieter than the other venues with between 30 and 50 people aged 18 - 60.
- Papanui High School, 30 Langdons Road, Papanui
It's north west location makes it a popular class for people outside Christchurch. Parking is convenient with over 50 spaces at the school and plenty of parking nearby. See below for a map and more info.
The Beginner class is where it all starts. We start with our basic hand hold and connection followed by learning a few moves. Start any week as there's no course or term.
|8.15||Social dancing and practice|
|8.30||Beginners review with the Taxi dancers.|
Class moves this week (Mon, 16 Apr):
The Beginners Review is included in the evening, it's 30 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
|9.00||Intermediate review to 9.15. Get one to one help, learn extra style and advanced tips directly from the teacher.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
The Intermediate Review happens immediately after the class and is taken by the class teacher. It's approximately 15 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Social dancing / freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10pm||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but our culture is to accept invitations to dance and there's no pecking order!
We have our own Facebook group for dancers who regularly attend Mondays.
Papanui High School
- 30 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- The school is behind Northlands shopping centre opposite Warehouse Stationery. Turn into the school from Langdons Road, the hall is on the right hand side.
- There are over 50 parking spaces in the school car park and over 100 spaces opposite the school.
- As you approach the hall, the entrance is on the left.