Dance Party, Sat 27 Jan from 8:00 p.m., C3 Centre
- Music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and so generally we get an older crowd coming along.
- Lively atmosphere: usually between 60 and 90 people.
- Age range: mostly 35 - 60.
- Off street parking for over 40 cars and plenty of street parking.
- Air conditioning.
- We don't have access to kitchen facilities so a named water bottle is handy.
- Come on your own or with a friend - no need to book.
- $14 for the whole evening (EFTPOS available).
- $11 for full time students, Community Service card & SuperGold card holders.
- A named water bottle can be handy.
- What is Modern Jive?
The Beginner class is where it all starts. We start with our basic hand hold and connection followed by learning a few moves. Start any week as there's no course or term.
|8.15||Social dancing and practice|
|8.30||Beginners review with the Taxi dancers.|
Class moves this week (Tue, 23 Jan):
The Beginners Review is included in the evening, it's 30 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
|9.00||Intermediate review to 9.15. Get one to one help, learn extra style and advanced tips directly from the teacher.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
The Intermediate Review happens immediately after the class and is taken by the class teacher. It's approximately 15 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
||Finish - thank you for coming.|
Freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
- Ask someone to dance!
- Smile when it goes right, laugh if it goes wrong!
Join us at McDonalds on Colombo St near the junction with Brougham St after class for a wind down drink and chat.
Chch South Intermediate
- 204 Selwyn Street, Sydenham
- From Brougham Street turn south into Selwyn Street. After 200m turn left where the road curves to the right becoming Coronation Street (where the famous TV series is made - not!)
- There is plenty of parking on Selwyn Street on either side of the school entrance.
- Go through the main gate, the hall is on the left. Enter by the main foyer.
My Car Shares