This is main way you'll get points.
With the MJPI the number of points you earn depends on how far you progress in an event, this means that:
📣 You earn points at every competition you enter!
You can earn points in three different ways for each competition category you compete in:
- 1. Entry Points
- Everyone gets these just by entering!
- We figure that turning up and giving it a go deserves some merit so the entry points recognise the experience you gain just by being there
- You don't have to win a trophy or medal to keep growing as dancer
- 2. Progression Points
- Some categories are huge and have pre-quarter finals where getting to the semi-final is still a big achievement, whereas other categories could be a straight final
- We want reward you for getting through each round and making progress through the competition!
- Affiliated competitions only (see below)
- 3. Placing Points
- Finally, if you make it up onto the podium then we give you a few more points for placing
- There must be be a minimum number of entries otherwise Entry Points apply
These points are added together to give your total for each category you enter:
Total Points = Entry + Progress + Placing
If you enter a number of categories only the one with the most points will count towards your total - this is called the Highest Points Path.
The dual role support means that you can have a separate Highest Points Path for leading and following 🙂
Affiliated vs Non-Affiliated
Only affiliated competitions have progression points. This is because the MJPI extracts information from the competition scoring system to keep a note of how far you progress in each round.