Below are the competitions in New Zealand and Australia that are currently affiliated with the MJPI:
- Christchurch Modern Jive Championships
- iDance Modern Jive Dance Championships
- Gold Coast Modern Jive Champs
- Refresh (by Fevah)
- Simply iDance
The main feature of the MJPI is that dancers earn points based on how far they progress through a competition round.
There are four competition levels for main events such as freestyle but there is no restriction on the range and number of categories that a competition can offer in addition. Affiliation only determines how points are awarded to competitors.
In order to be affiliated a competition must satisfy the following:
- All competitors must be allowed to enter one level of Freestyle and Dance With A Stranger.
- Any scoring system software should implement a Condorcet method as its primary ranking algorithm (Relative Placement is not a Condoret method and therefore not accepted).
- The heat structure must ensure that if the top 3 entries of a category are in the same heat of the first round then all 3 must be able to reach the final.
Being affiliated means that the competitions have certain aspects in common with each other:
- Competitors experience consistent and logical progression
- Tracking of competitors' performance
- User friendly scoring/scrutineering system
- Online registration system from 2019
If you have a system that currently works well for you then there is probably no need to change. At the end of the day competitors want to attend an event that is enjoyable and well run.
If you want more information then please contact us.