Modern Jive is a social partner dance that is one of the easiest partner dance styles to learn which makes it so popular. It can be danced to a wide range of music and can be used anywhere where music is playing: parties, clubs, weddings, gigs, etc.
As a dance style it takes concepts and ideas from other styles giving it broad appeal to people of all ages and abilities. Here's how various people describe Modern Jive:
- "is the English language of dance. It shamelessly 'borrows' from other dance forms to make something more flexible and more fun than previously existed." - Michael
- "The best weight management system while having the most fun and the only exercise I am willing to do for hours and hours." - Anita
- "...It takes the best pieces of multiple dance forms chucks it through a blender and what comes out is a dance [called Modern Jive]" - Darryl
- "AWESOME!!!!" - Stephen
- "It's whatever you choose it to be." - Rob
Why Modern Jive?
Reasons To Dance Modern Jive
Modern Jive is to dance what the SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) is to motor vehicles. It's versatile, convenient, affordable and popular. Ok, it might not be the best for racetracks, cruising with the wind in your hair or ploughing a field but overall it does a pretty good job.
It has the following features:
- The people! People who dance Modern Jive are anyone and everyone from all walks of life, there's no pecking order and everyone dances with everyone else.
- It's easy to get started and after one lesson you can survive a whole song.
- It can be danced to a wide range of music.
- It's popular and appeals to a wide range of ages from teens to much older.
- It has a relaxed approach to footwork.
- The classes are fun and rewarding giving a quick sense of accomplishment.
- Classes and events have great sense of community with a focus on being friendly and welcoming.
- Modern Jive dance competitions are some of the most enjoyable and rewarding dance competitions of any dance style. The main point is the focus on overall enjoyment and participation rather than just trying to win.
Why Fevah Modern Jive?
We've been running Modern Jive classes since 2005, the following is what people really like about us:
- We focus on community and creating a welcoming environment.
- Our classes and events are run smoothly and with great attention to detail.
- We have well trained teachers and crew who share our passion of growing the dance community.
- We have a comprehensive website packed full of information and interaction.
- We constantly innovate and improve what we do.
- We respect and support other dance styles and events.
Flexibility, Adaptability, Versatility