Is the answer to why so many people come to our classes and events!
"I wish I'd done this when I was younger!" - is another comment people often tell us. What stops them is usually fear of messing up or making a mistake in front of others.
Most people who walk through our doors have NEVER danced before and we specialise in helping people like you!
- Physical Health
- Exercise without really noticing - great for fitness, weight loss, cross-training, balance, core strength.
- Social Health
- Be amongst other human beings! There's something special about having a great time with a bunch of other like-minded people.
- Mental Health
- Leave any of the day's stresses at the door and chances are they'll be gone by the end of the night.
- Community Health
- People who engage in a fun activity have a buzz about them that has a positive knock on effect for the rest of the community.
We make learning fun and enjoyable - take your time, there's no rush, enjoy the journey. Sounds corny but it so happens to be very applicable to our classes.
Give Yourself a Break - You Deserve It!
Get off the couch, put down the phone, turn off the TV (who wants to focus on someone else's life anyway?!) - dancing is such a basic human activity, has so many benefits and yet so few people especially in New Zealand are able to do it - be different, take up something that our dancers already know is so worthwhile!
4 Nights a Week, Monthly Socials, 2 Annual Weekenders
Give it a go and come and see why we're one of NZ's most vibrant clubs - you have nothing to lose!
Our Cultures & Values
A Quick Summary:
- We encourage participating and discourage watching - people in the class don't like being watched. We do make the odd exception so please contact the venue manager if you have a specific requirement.
- We rotate in the group classes - it's the quickest way to learn. Private lessons are available at all levels and occasionally new dancers like to take a couple before joining the main group classes.
- We respect the private of others - please refrain from video recording.
- Health and safety: barefoot dancing is not permitted and heel caps are required for heels smaller than a 20c coin.
- We will give you a full refund if you are not happy.
See Cultures & Values for more information.