In our version of Steals there are three people in each entry but only two dance together at any one time. The spare person steals either the lead or follow role from the dancing couple in a way that doesn't interrupt the flow of the dance.
- Different level competitors may compete together.
There maybe a brief connection between all three dancers during a steal but it shouldn't last any longer than required for the transition.
At any one time there is a leader and a follower. Therefore the following scenarios are possible:
- The spare dancer can steal the lead.
- The spare dancer can steal the follow.
We'll have two groups based on the sum of the levels of the competitors,
- lower group: sum range is 3 - 6
- upper group: sum range is 7 - 12