This workshop is ideal for beginners thinking about moving up to intermediate classes, and for dancers who are already attending intermediate classes but have not yet had the benefit of attending this workshop.
It is a great way to brush up on the moves and techniques that are essential foundations for safer and easier intermediate classes.
This is one of our Four Foundation Workshops. We recommend all dancers attend these workshops at least once during their time with us. In fact we think the content of each workshop is so important that for a given role (lead or follow) dancers who have already attended one of these workshops can attend the same workshop again for free.
5 moves covered in depth by 2 instructors to teach both lead and follow roles:
- Ginger, First Move Dip, Seducer
- Tango Drop, Layback
Content is available online after the workshop.
Who Is This For?
This workshop is for:
- Beginners who have been attending the improvers review (if you are unsure please speak to one of our teachers)
- Intermediate dancers
- Experienced dancers wishing to develope both roles (lead and follow)
- Taxi dancers, trainee teachers
Points to bear in mind:
- We may limit the number of couples but don't worry this workshop is usually held twice a year.
- You do not need a partner to book a place on this workshop as we aim to match up leads and follows.
Essential Dips and Drops Workshop Details
- Date: Sunday, 9 December 2018
- Start Time: 3:15 PM
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cost: see pricing and credits
- Venue: Avonhead School
Please aim to arrive before the scheduled start time to warm up and get ready. Because we aim to have even numbers arriving late impacts negatively on your fellow attendees.
Most workshops will follow a standard pricing. Occasionally we'll have guest teachers and the length of the workshops may be different, in which case the pricing may differ.
If a Tea Dance is held on the same weekend as a workshop then entry is free in which case we'd really appreciate it if you could contribute a small plate to share at the Tea Dance.
Venue: Avonhead School
- 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead, Christchurch
- The school is located on Avonhead Road just up from Yaldhurst Road.
- There is some parking near the hall within the school as well as plenty of street parking nearby.
- The entrance to the hall is at the front of the building near the road.
Testimonials from previous workshops
The workshop was great. Right pace and clear demonstrations and instructions. ... Thanks for a great afternoon.
Excellent and a lot of fun. I enjoyed the dynamics of the trainers, ... technical tips were tops. Well done guys!
Thanks ... for the massive amount of info & tips included with this :)
Group size - perfect. Great venue. Themes well covered with good timing allocated to the various parts of the programme. Thank you for ensuring there were enough men ... - most appreciated. You two really are fantastic teachers and dancers - great demonstrating and well delivered dialogue and good friendly banter! Thank you for both keeping to the actual moves that you taught when we were learning and not doing your own thing. Good advice re trousers - much easier. The price - we both felt it was good value. The video - I haven't seen it yet but think its a great idea.
I really liked the workshop. Especially good was the detailed tutition on leading, following, returns etc and detailed tutition on some of the intermediate moves.
I really enjoyed the workshop on Sunday, it was fantastic. I loved that there was a scary move in the class. Tango to Death, that was awesome. Now just need to practice it :-)
... I learned heaps and it gave me the confidence to try the Intermediate class last Thursday ...Thanks for your high level of skill and the ability to teach me that skill. I am enjoying my dancing more than I thought I would!