The idea here is to sprinkle some magic on various aspects of your dancing to turn you into a great partner to dance with.
We focus on "getting it right" to give you more confidence and ability to continue growing your dance skills. The workshop is open to everyone, even if you have started intermediate classes, as it's a great opportunity to really focus on the foundation skills and techniques.
This is one of our Four Foundation Workshops. We recommend all dancers attend these workshops at least once during their time with us. In fact we think the content of each workshop is so important that for a given role (lead or follow) dancers who have already attended one of these workshops can attend the same workshop again for free.
- Attention to the finer points of lead and follow that make all moves work.
- A dash of style and polish supported by the princples behind effective styling.
- Freestyle tips and tricks to give you more continuity, interest and freedom of expression in your dancing.
- 2 instructors to teach both lead and follow roles.
- 2 hours of instruction and practice.
Who Is This For?
Over the years we often hear from advanced dancers who attend workshops with top teachers and professionals overseas where they get to go over the finer points of the basic techniques. They come back and zealously tell us that we should teach this too - we do - in our standard workshops starting with Beginner Magic! It's just that when they were beginners they thought it was too basic for them.
This workshop is for:
- New intermediate dancers
- Experienced dancers developing both roles (lead and follow)
- Taxi dancers, trainee teachers
Points to bear in mind:
- Ideally you have had a go at most of the beginner moves as our aim here is to focus on technique rather than going through moves.
- You do not need a partner to book a place on this workshop as we aim to match up leads and follows.
Most workshops will follow a standard pricing. Occasionally we'll have guest teachers and the length of the workshops may be different, in which case the pricing may differ.
If a Tea Dance is held on the same weekend as a workshop then entry is free in which case we'd really appreciate it if you could contribute a small plate to share at the Tea Dance.