A scoring system is the actual software (or other means) that helps process judges' ranks or scores and produces marshalling information and final results.
A scoring system implements a ranking algorithm such as Relative Placement or the Schulze Method to work out overall placings from preliminary rounds and finals.
MJPI competitions use a custom scoring system that outputs all the necessary data to award the correct points to competitors such as progression and entry points. The scorings also has the following features:
- Marshalling / recall sheets
- Barcoded judging sheets listing competitor's name and number
- Optimised data entry for rapid processing of results
- Can be used for non-MJPI competitions.
- Computer running Windows 7 or later
- At least 2 spare USB ports for barcode scanner and USB backup
- Fast reliable printer
- External USB backup drive
- Optional barcode scanner (for identifying judges sheets for rapid data entry)
- Barcode font