A Tea Dance is a cool social dance on a Sunday evening and a chance to dance to some slightly more chilled out music.
- Chat and mingle with fellow dancers from all our Christchurch class nights
- We provide the tea and coffee and a few biscuits, and dancers bring a small plate to share as well
- Everybody welcome - come on your own, with a partner or with friends
We usually get between 70 - 100 people turning up so it's a great lively atmosphere.
We play a different mix of music, it's more chilled out, more Sunday afternoonish. Modern Jive is so versatile you'll be surprised at what the variety of music we play. All those tunes you love hearing on the radio, well you can hear those and more at a Tea Dance.
Sometimes we have demos or performances during the course of the tea dance so do stick around.
Everyone is welcome, these events are heaps of fun and a great opportunity to practice lots of freestyle. People ask each other for a dance, others chat and mingle, it's up to you.
We host a tea dance every month.
- 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead, Christchurch
- The school is located on Avonhead Road just up from Yaldhurst Road.
- There is some parking near the hall within the school as well as plenty of street parking nearby.
- The entrance to the hall is at the front of the building near the road.