Dance Party, Sat 27 Jan from 8:00 p.m., C3 Centre
- Lively atmosphere: usually between 80 and 130 people.
- Wide range of music from the 80's through to current chart hits.
- Age range: mostly 18 - 60.
- Huge floor and mood lighting.
- Off street parking as well as plenty along Avonhead Road. Please do not park on the grass at the school.
- Extended freestyle until 10:15pm.
NEW for 2018! Fancy Freestyle Friday
The third Friday of every month has a longer freestyle period and an opportunity to dress up a little bit more than usual for a special night out.
Next Fancy Freestyle Friday:
There will still be a beginner class and review but no intermediate class. Freestyle starts from 8:15pm.
- Come on your own or with a friend - no need to book.
- $14 for the whole evening (EFTPOS available).
- $11 for full time students, Community Service card & SuperGold card holders.
- A named water bottle can be handy.
- What is Modern Jive?
The Beginner class is where it all starts. We start with our basic hand hold and connection followed by learning a few moves. Start any week as there's no course or term.
|8.15||Social dancing and practice|
|8.30||Beginners review with the Taxi dancers.|
Class moves this week (Fri, 26 Jan):
The Beginners Review is included in the evening, it's 30 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
|9.00||Intermediate review to 9.15. Get one to one help, learn extra style and advanced tips directly from the teacher.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
Fancy Freestyle Friday
There is no intermediate class on the third Friday of the month.
The Intermediate Review happens immediately after the class and is taken by the class teacher. It's approximately 15 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
||Finish - thank you for coming.|
Freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
- Ask someone to dance!
- Smile when it goes right, laugh if it goes wrong!
Stay and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with something to eat.
Sometimes people dance to live music at Trevino's on Riccarton Road (Hagley Park end).
- 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead, Christchurch
- The school is located on Avonhead Road just up from Yaldhurst Road.
- There is some parking near the hall within the school as well as plenty of street parking nearby.
- The entrance to the hall is at the front of the building near the road.
My Car Shares