Friday has a wide range of music from 80's through to current chart hits. It has a lively atmosphere with between 60 and 100 people aged 18 - 60. The hall has a huge floor and we provide mood lighting - ideal for getting into the weekend.
- Avonhead School Hall, 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead
We have use of the staff car park and there is plenty of street parking nearby. See below for a map and more info.
Fancy Freestyle Friday
Once a month (usually the third Friday) we have a longer period of social dancing and an opportunity to dress up a little bit more than usual for a special night out. There will still be a beginner class and review but no intermediate class and freestyle starting from 8:15pm.
Our next date is: Friday, 20 April 2018
The Beginner class is where it all starts. We start with our basic hand hold and connection followed by learning a few moves. Start any week as there's no course or term.
|8.15||Social dancing and practice|
|8.30||Beginners review with the Taxi dancers.|
Class moves this week (Fri, 20 Apr):
The Beginners Review is included in the evening, it's 30 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
|9.00||Intermediate review to 9.15. Get one to one help, learn extra style and advanced tips directly from the teacher.
- We teach 2-3 moves, one of which may be repeated from the previous week.
- We'll include extra technique points to help with safety and style.
- There are 20 base moves and technique points that are often included each class.
The Intermediate Review happens immediately after the class and is taken by the class teacher. It's approximately 15 minutes long and is a great opportunity to ask questions and get one to one assistance.
Social dancing / freestyle is the time to have some fun and put it all into practice. We turn the lights down and the volume up for party time!
|8:15 - 8:30||Easy tempo, shorter songs|
|9:00 - 10:15||Great music variety!|
We encourage everyone to ask each other to dance, sometimes this can be a little daunting but our culture is to accept invitations to dance and there's no pecking order!
- 55 Avonhead Road, Avonhead, Christchurch
- The school is located on Avonhead Road just up from Yaldhurst Road.
- There is some parking near the hall within the school as well as plenty of street parking nearby.
- The entrance to the hall is at the front of the building near the road.