We want everyone to have fun and be safe at our dance classes. To help with this we have a Dance WoF (Warrant of Fitness) that we ask everyone to pass before joining an intermediate class.
An intermediate dancer is someone who can dance beginner level moves with good timing, balance and lead and follow technique..
- Once you feel you would like the greater challenge of a higher class then please ask for an assessment (or Dance WOF as we like to call it).
- Only a qualified teacher can pass a dancer as being ready for the next level. By all means ask a taxi dancer for any basic tips.
- We are here to help, ask for an assessment before you're ready to move up. During the course of a song in freestyle we can give you some pointers and offer feedback on areas for you to work on. These Teacher Tips can make a huge difference in your dancing.
Below are a few skills you need to have before you move up so that you and your partners get the most from an intermediate level class.
The WoF can be a little bit like a private lesson during freestyle, benefits include:
- Personal coaching.
- Extra technique and style tips.
- Expert advice.
- Free credit once you pass.
We use your dance level to list which workshops are available for you to book. For higher level workshops it's important that all attendees are of an appropriate level to handle the workshop material and not hold up others.