There are two separate roles and they can be performed by the same person or two different people:
- Setup at the start of the night
- Packdown at the end
Each role takes 30 - 45 minutes max and includes dealing with furniture, sound equipment, lighting and signs.
Setup and Packdown crew get free entry and half a credit for each role. Parties take longer to setup and packdown and so crew get free entry and a full credit for each role.
- You are reliable, consistent and take pride in what you do
- You do things properly and don't cut corners
- You are practical and get on with the job
- You stick to the way things need to be done unless you come up with a better way
Interested in Setup or Pack Down?
To be part of the crew you need to have the right stuff! For these two roles you don't have to be a people person - just good with things.
training provided by Fevah Modern Jive.
- The venue is ready 15 minutes before class or event is due to start
- Setup according to each venue's requirements
- Check the state of the venue on arrival and record any faulty items or unlocked doors
- Ensure fire exits are clear
- Deal with spills, trip hazards etc
Expectations for Packdown
- Pack away items at the end of the session ensuring everything goes back in the right place
- Complete any final checks as may be required on the venue checklist
- Ensure doors are locked, windows closed etc
- Leave the venue in a better state than when we found it!